Oronoco Estates Mobile Home Park management issues

Issue not resolved
Aug 31, 2008
review #133457

I highly recommend to anyone reading to ignore Oronoco Estates Mobile Home Community as a relocation option near Rochester, Minnesota.

My family and I reside in Oronoco Estates, which is a mobile home community in SE Minnesota. The mobile home park is operated by Continental Communities and is managed by a young couple. We pay a "lot rent fee" to maintain our mobile home on their land.

I recieved a phone call from the female manager on Thursday 8/25, asking to set up a meeting between my family and park management. I was informed that "my daughter was eyewitnessed damaging park property", apparently seen lighting playground equipment on fire on Monday 8/22/08(?!). I followed up with my family, and my daughter denied causing the damage...instead rebuttling that she witnessed two younger children in the vicinity of the "damaged" playground equipment. My daughter was near the playground/office for near 30 minutes on the night of the alleged damage, but was accompanied by my 5-year-old nephew while waiting for her ride (an adult resident of the park), many feet away from the playground.

In my attempts to follow up with the manager, I was informed that the county sheriff had already been called, and that my daughter's name was distributed to the city's district attorney's office for prosecution (this having happened before any communication with me, my wife, or my daughter regarding the "incident")! The female manager then set up a meeting with my wife and daughter the following day (8/26/08) to discuss this situation.

Beginning this meeting, the park manager was nothing short of accusatory and firm. She held true that my daughter caused this damage and would not hear otherwise. Midway through, the park manager became defensive and incredibly rude and argumentative, raising her voice and causing a scene. She included words like "delinquent" and "liar" when discussing my daughter, and mandating we would be responsible for remibursing over $700 in "damages". My wife, a normally passive and quiet woman, walked out of the meeting so as to not endure further verbal abuse. The manager got her parting shot in at the end, blurting "We'll definately see you back up here again soon", obviously referring to a future meeting with authorities or law officials.

This is not the first time my family has witnessed this type of behavior, as my mother and I have been within earshot in the past when this female manager has berated other park residents. We have made complaint telephone calls to the managers' supervisor at Continental Communities as well as sending e-mails regarding the managers' behaviors when dealing with residents.

My daughter maintains her innocence, and was somewhat traumatized by the manager's behavior and disrespect during this Friday meeting. My daughter maintains the playground damages were caused by another youngster (the child seen nearby with his cousin...this child and his cousin were apparently the manager's "witnesses" to the playground damage).

My family and I are now contemplating moving our mobile home to a different location based on Oronoco Estates management's lack of human resource skills. We have also previously requested minor corrections to our lot (removing an apple tree which is damaging the roof of my shed and mobile home, filling in a corner curb area which had sunk a foot under street level, and repairing a section of road in front of a vacant lot which has caused trip/fall accidents to young children), all of which has fallen upon deaf ears, as none of these items have been corrected.

We as a family now feel anxious and scared in the manager's presence (her office being in the same facility as our mailboxes), and we are exploring legal options to maintain our safety and privacy.

I highly recommend anyone reading this to seek alternative options and ignore Oronoco Estates mobile home community if relocating to the Rochester, MN area.

c1e89ad
Had an experience with Oronoco Estates?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
gorgeous george

Oct 12, 2013

cant we all just get along?

Employee of oronoco estates

Jun 16, 2013 Rochester, Minnesota

I have worked for kristi and know their family on a personal level and from my experience working out at oronco Kristi I very level headed and very understanding and forgiving... Another thing is you are only pissed because your daughter was caught damaging the park and I'm sure if kristi got defensive she knew what she was talking about seeing as the park and office are under constant survelience by video cameras... Oronoco estates is a good trailer park to live at Scott and Kristin are very nice people and keep the park in tip top shape and judging someone for one act of defending herself and trying to get to the bottom of who vandalized expensive play toy equipment that is there for free in enjoyment for kids that one could ruin for the rest is absurd and childish

LUCY

Aug 09, 2011

:( I know this management company..... they are a complete joke and the manager and her husband Scott received a $11,000 fine (Star and Trib) 2011 continental is a peice of sh** I would never want to live in any of their parks!!!!

Tenant of Oronoco Estates

Oct 17, 2009

The management in this park may not be the greatest. And i wouldn't rate it the best park in the world by any means. But, They are only two people and they do a really good job considering how many lots there are here. If anyone knows what the park use to be like before the new management took over Would agree that its not that terribly bad.. The old Management was terrible The new management does the absolute best that they possibly can for as much as they have to do they cant possibly get every little thing don't that every person asks them to do, There isn't eough hours in a day.. Cristy (sorry if the spelling is wrong) keep up the good work..

Manager

Mar 12, 2009

It really is to bad that the person who posted this complaint did not come back to finish the story.

About a week after this was posted, the writer sent a written letter of apology to Continental Communites and a verbal apology to the managers.

During this meeting his daughter admitted to the damages, but her mother continued to argue with myself over the issue of accusing her daughter. Though again, she admitted to doing the damage.

As for the incident brought up by his mother, the full story is, this person attempted to assault me so, yes I did yell at him to get out of my office and was later he was escourted out by the local sheriff dept.

Maybe next time someone wittnesses an event between 2 people, they should ask questions before assuming they know all the facts.

www

Sep 15, 2013

Ahhh yes, the typical trailer trash gossip!!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Oronoco Estates.
Filing a new complaint about
×